MBP #28 – How Taylor Flanery Got 125,000 Facebook Fan Page Likes in 2 Months Without Paying a Cent
Say what you will about the value of a Like on Facebook, especially with Facebook controlling how many of your followers get to see your posts, but you can’t deny that more Likes is better.
Today’s episode is with Taylor Flanery, the founder of three home management sites that have an incredible reach. So incredible that the numbers we cite in the podcast itself are already out of date by a wide margin.
We recorded this episode about three months ago, as part of the whirlwind of recording during the launch of the podcast (I had about 30 recorded by the time we launched!), and back then I was already amazed at her numbers.
Now it’s your turn to be amazed. You’ll hear in the episode we talk about how her Facebook Fan Page for Household Management 101 grew from 16,000 Likes on January 1st to 147,000 in mid-March. It’s late June now and I just looked, the Household Management 101 Fan Page has over 391,000 Likes.
We discuss Pinterest and Facebook strategies and you will leave with plenty of notes on both.
What will you learn in this episode:
- How she was able to get 25,000 newsletter subscribers in two months for Home Storage Solutions 101 (her third site) by creating a 52 week challenge
- How to get people to Pin your content by using custom Pin buttons so you can influence the image and the description
- Actionable strategies on how to get more Pinterest followers, Repins, and traffic from Pinterest – including what makes a good image and the importance of text on an image (as well as what to put in that text), why stock images are OK, how to structure Pin boards, how to identify your niche’s “hot” periods of activity, and much more
- Facebook strategies – Going from 16,000 likes to 125,000 Fan Page likes and the four factors that Facebook looks at for engagement, how to use different types of posts, creating multiple images for use on different networks, the three ways she’s getting more Likes, and why ~20,000 fans seems to be the “Suggestion” tipping point
Resources and links mentioned in this chat:
- Her three sites: Household Management 101, Home Storage Solutions 101, and Stain Removal 101
- The 52 Week Organized Home Challenge
- Picmonkey for image editing (I love them too!)
- Ahalogy and Viraltag for scheduling Pins
How to subscribe
There are two main ways – Stitcher and iTunes.
Simply click on this link and you’ll be taken to the page where you can subscribe.
Here’s the link to the Microblogger Podcast where you can subscribe to the Microblogger podcast via Stitcher.
Finally, if you aren’t using either service and prefer RSS, here’s our RSS feed.
Tell everyone you know that this is a great podcast… unless you think it sucks. Please tell me and I’ll try to make it better!
It would mean a lot to me if you could leave me a review and a rating on iTunes, it makes a big difference and helps others find the show! To leave a review, click here and thanks so so much!
Latest posts by Jim (see all)
- How to Auto-Tweet Posts from an RSS Feed and Tag Someone - December 20, 2016
- How to Delete a Website from Google Analytics - December 9, 2015
- Don’t Use Public URL Shortening Links in Emails - June 12, 2015