MBP #15: When She Makes More w. Farnoosh Torabi
Farnoosh Torabi is the primary breadwinner in her family. Her husband, Tim, is a software engineer but earns less than Farnoosh, which is an increasingly common dynamic.
When I first started talking to Farnoosh, I knew I wanted her on the show to talk about this scenario because it’s happening a lot with entrepreneurs. In some cases, the husband is starting a new venture and earns less because the business is new. In other cases, the wife may have a successful business and now outearns her husband (and sometimes hires him!).
These can be sensitive issues that must be deal with delicately and, having read much of her book, I feel Farnoosh was the perfect person to ask about it!
What will you learn in this episode:
- How to communicate with your spouse the right way
- How to share responsibilities in the home, which includes outsourcing
- How mompreneurs can “hire” their spouses without creating havoc in their personal lives
- How to empower your spouse to take on more responsibility
- Scripts for dealing with “nosy judgmental” people who make comments about your relationship
Resources and links mentioned in this chat:
- When She Makes More – available May 2014 (then take your order number and enter it on her Preorder Page to get access to her bonuses)
- Her first book: You’re So Money: Live Rich, Even When You’re Not
- Farnoosh.tv – her website
- Connect with her on Twitter
Here’s a short trailer for the book:
How to subscribe
There are two main ways – Stitcher and iTunes.
Simply click on this link and you’ll be taken to the page where you can subscribe.
Here’s the link to the Microblogger Podcast where you can subscribe to the Microblogger podcast via Stitcher.
Finally, if you aren’t using either service and prefer RSS, here’s our RSS feed.
Tell everyone you know that this is a great podcast… unless you think it sucks. Please tell me and I’ll try to make it better!
It would me a lot to me if you could leave me a review and a rating on iTunes, it makes a big difference and helps others find the show! To leave a review, click here and thanks so so much!
Latest posts by Jim (see all)
- How to Auto-Tweet Posts from an RSS Feed and Tag Someone - December 20, 2016
- How to Delete a Website from Google Analytics - December 9, 2015
- Don’t Use Public URL Shortening Links in Emails - June 12, 2015