MBP #16: Chris Guthrie shares how he made $127,817.68 as an Amazon Associate (and that’s just the icing on the cake)
Remember back in the day when people would build websites and blogs just to earn a few dollars a month in Google Adsense?
While make money blogs all over the internet talked about building vast blogging empires of 10 sites each earning $50 a month, Chris Guthrie was doing something different.
He was building an website and blog empire too. Instead of sipping on a few cents a day in Adsense clicks, he was making serious money promoting products available on one of the oldest affiliate merchants on the Internet – Amazon.
Not only was he making money from Amazon, he was also building up valuable websites that he would then sell for tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars. His most public and most successful site is NetbookReviews.com, which he sold for a six figure sum, but he’s sold several in the five figure range as well.
Learn how he sold millions of dollars in goods while making a comfortable six figure income… and how he’s parlaying that experience and knowledge to an even bigger project.
What will you learn in this episode:
- How Chris got his start building niche sites
- The strategies Chris used to build up his niche sites, include NetbookReviews.com, which he sold for six-figures
- The specific steps Chris took to get companies to send him products to review
- Amazon Affiliate specific tactics for linking, promotion, and recurring deals/best sellers
- How to take advantage of Amazon Associates’ commission structure
- What led to him building EasyAzon and subsequently BoostWP
Resources and links mentioned in this chat:
- Entrepreneur Boost – and the Entrepreneur Boost Podcast
- Not mentioned but still worth checking out, his two ebooks: How to Make Money as an Amazon Associate and Buying Websites – How To Invest In Online Real Estate
How to subscribe
There are two main ways – Stitcher and iTunes.
Simply click on this link and you’ll be taken to the page where you can subscribe.
Here’s the link to the Microblogger Podcast where you can subscribe to the Microblogger podcast via Stitcher.
Finally, if you aren’t using either service and prefer RSS, here’s our RSS feed.
Tell everyone you know that this is a great podcast… unless you think it sucks. Please tell me and I’ll try to make it better!
It would me a lot to me if you could leave me a review and a rating on iTunes, it makes a big difference and helps others find the show! To leave a review, click here and thanks so so much!
Latest posts by Jim (see all)
- How to Auto-Tweet Posts from an RSS Feed and Tag Someone - December 20, 2016
- How to Delete a Website from Google Analytics - December 9, 2015
- Don’t Use Public URL Shortening Links in Emails - June 12, 2015