MBP #24 – How to Sell $1,190,560 in Ads: Ad Negotiation Strategies with Crystal Stemberger
Crystal Stemberger loves to negotiate. And she’s good at it.
So good that she negotiates with advertisers on behalf of other bloggers (to the tune of 400+ blogs) and she’s brokered $1,190,560 in sales (as of the end of May 2014).
She’s also been doing this for years so you can a little taste of how SEO link building strategies have changed over the last few years. This is a very frank discussion about sponsored posts, how to negotiate them, the risks as well as the rewards, and how the nature of the game has changed.
What will you learn in this episode:
- How Crystal started her blog and then a full-service ad brokering business
- How she grew the ad brokering business to representing 400 sites
- How much she charges to be the broker
- How she finds advertisers
- How she negotiates with advertisers
- How to price advertisements
- We also discuss other services she offers, like paid commenting
Resources and links mentioned in this chat:
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
- Matt Cutts declaring the decay and fall of guest blogging
- Her ebooks: How I Make Money Blogging: The Beginner’s Guide to Building a Money-Making Blog and Managing Your Monthly Nut: Budgeting Basics, Pruning Expenses, and Tracking Your Financial Health
How to subscribe
There are two main ways – Stitcher and iTunes.
Simply click on this link and you’ll be taken to the page where you can subscribe.
Here’s the link to the Microblogger Podcast where you can subscribe to the Microblogger podcast via Stitcher.
Finally, if you aren’t using either service and prefer RSS, here’s our RSS feed.
Tell everyone you know that this is a great podcast… unless you think it sucks. Please tell me and I’ll try to make it better!
It would mean a lot to me if you could leave me a review and a rating on iTunes, it makes a big difference and helps others find the show! To leave a review, click here and thanks so so much!
Latest posts by Jim (see all)
- How to Auto-Tweet Posts from an RSS Feed and Tag Someone - December 20, 2016
- How to Delete a Website from Google Analytics - December 9, 2015
- Don’t Use Public URL Shortening Links in Emails - June 12, 2015