Hello! I’m Jim Wang and your humble host at Microblogger.
Microblogger is a journal of my experience building a 7-figure personal finance blog. It covers everything from building a readership and community to monetizing your traffic and everything in between, all from scratch.
Building your own business is something anyone can do and if you join us, we can help.
Where Do I Start
I’d start with the welcome post, where I share a little bit of my background as well as the growth of Bargaineering. I think of myself as the moderator for the Microblogger community, the posts are simply a starting point of a discussion that continues in the comments. We have a thriving community and plenty of contributors who are as insightful and experienced as I am.
If you want to learn how to start a blog in under ten minutes, click here for step-by-step instructions.
If you are brand new to blogging and not sure where to start, I invite you to check out the Lifetime Income Blog course. It’s free and it’ll show you how to get your blog up and running in about thirty minutes.
Next, read this post – Day One Advice: 78 successful bloggers reveal what advice they wish they knew. This is my personal favorite because of the seventy-eight bloggers who shared with me, and you!, what they’d tell themselves if they could turn back the clock to day one.
It’s the most popular post on the site.
Do you enjoy podcasts? Why not check out the Microblogger Podcast? I talk to successful entrepreneurs and we come up with actionable advice you can use to build your business.
And for a quick history lesson on the last ten years, How Blogging Has Changed In The Last 10 Years is a good one. I started Bargaineering in 2004 and the blogging world has changed so much, this post tries to capture everything I saw along the way.
Here are a few popular articles, cleverly categorized for your reading enjoyment!
Building a Community
- How to Turn Casual Visitors into Fanatical Readers – The secret is so simple I guarantee you’ll bring your face to your palm.
- 7 Fail-Safe Ways to Get More Comments on Your Blog – Comments are the life blood of a blog. We live and die by them here because the community is as important, if not more important, then me. I share the strategies I use to get more comments.
- Why Social Proof is Your Blog’s Silent Champion – No one likes to go to a party if there’s no one there, social proof is your way of showing that your blog’s a party and it’s packed.
- How to Overcome First Post Anxiety – We always remember our first…
- In just 15 minutes a day, learn how you can write better headlines – Headlines are your posts’ best chance at capturing someone’s attention, it’s a skill that needs to be constantly improved.
- Insider’s Guide to How Your Favorite Bloggers Make Money – It’s no surprise that this post was popular, it’s like a Who’s Who of full time bloggers with examples of people running conferences to advertising to consulting. Many people have told me it’s a great source of ideas for them.
- How to Run Giveaways and Sweepstakes for Fun & Profit – Everyone loves a giveaway, right? That’s why so many bloggers use them to increase their social media metrics. I outline step by step how you can do this with great effect.
- How to Sell Big Brand Advertising Like a Pro – Will of Wise Bread shares with us his secrets to attracting big brands, pitching them, and getting them to come back for more. The lessons in this epic post apply to any blog, whether you’re six days old or six years.
Every week, I send out a handwritten email that shares the week’s post and anything else I found interesting. If you want to receive this, fill out this form below: