MBP #21: How Lauren Greutman Gets on TV All The Time
Four years ago, Lauren Greutman started iamthatlady.com and has grown it to be a massively popular site through media appearances. In this episode, she gives a great collection of actionable strategies you can use to get more exposure for your blog through media.
She got her start after keynoting a seminar and then being invited to a local news station. She’s parlayed that into being a back up co-host on a local morning TV show and is a regular contributor to 9 WSYR and CNY Central. She appeared in print, online, and on the Marlo Thomas show.
Here’s one of those segments:
She knows what she’s talking about!
What will you learn in this episode:
- The story behind iamthatlady.com
- How she got her first “big break” and how you can too
- How to prepare for being on air
- How to be a good guest so you get invited back again and again
- How to build a great Media page (steal ideas from her Media page, it’s awesome)
- How to craft the perfect pitch and build a relationship with reporters and editors
- How to get in touch with media in your area
- How to follow up
- How to sharpen your brand in the eyes of key decision makers
- The importance of Youtube, her strategy, and how it’s helped her (a professionally edited video on garage sales vs her casual most-viewed video)
- Her experiences with publicists, how they’re paid, how they work, and where to find one.
Resources and links mentioned in this chat:
- Her new ebook – How to Coupon Effectively
- Her new business with her husband Mark – MarkAndLaurenG.com
- Catch up with on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest
How to subscribe
There are two main ways – Stitcher and iTunes.
Simply click on this link and you’ll be taken to the page where you can subscribe.
Here’s the link to the Microblogger Podcast where you can subscribe to the Microblogger podcast via Stitcher.
Finally, if you aren’t using either service and prefer RSS, here’s our RSS feed.
Tell everyone you know that this is a great podcast… unless you think it sucks. Please tell me and I’ll try to make it better!
It would mean a lot to me if you could leave me a review and a rating on iTunes, it makes a big difference and helps others find the show! To leave a review, click here and thanks so so much!
Latest posts by Jim (see all)
- How to Auto-Tweet Posts from an RSS Feed and Tag Someone - December 20, 2016
- How to Delete a Website from Google Analytics - December 9, 2015
- Don’t Use Public URL Shortening Links in Emails - June 12, 2015